SpammyBee

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Carnival time!

We had the summer carnival in my village today. It was so much fun. I dressed up as an egyptian princess. haha! felt very silly! My church took part in the float competition so we spent the morning decorating the lorry and then all got on in our costumes and paraded down the village along with many others. It was so much fun to be a part of, with the bands playing and the children had so much fun. When we got down to the common, we had stalls set up and lots of fun things to do. I was amazed to see how much the churches are the focal point of the community still. One church were providing all the refreshments and the other did an 'its a knock out' style game and a puppet show and face painting. The amount of oppurtunities for chatting to people were amazing. We have a holiday club in my church in 2 weeks time. I'm really looking forward to having fun in that. We usually get a hundred or so children there and its a great oppurtunity as far as parents go too. Prayer for that would be really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home